Hello, KendaMama here! My daughter absolutely loves Kendamil Baby Cereals, but she is definitely on Team Sweet rather than Savoury; she is able to finish her fruit cereals in a heartbeat! So I thought, why not use my extra cereals to create another dessert? These baby cereal pancakes have been my go-to for those busy mornings. They are not only freezer friendly, they are also fast to prepare and are extremely delicious!
My key ingredient for these pancakes? Kendamil’s Baby Organic Mango, Apple and Raspberry Muesli! I find that using the Kendamil Baby Organic Banana and Strawberry Porridge or the Kendamil Smooth Banana Porridge works well too. Also, it incorporates one of my favourite high protein foods: cottage cheese! The cottage cheese adds a nice creamy texture and a fluffy like consistency, plus 17 g of protein per half cup. Our little ones are definitely getting all the extra nutrients they need while having a snack!
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup low sodium cottage cheese
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup Organic Muesli infant cereal
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Unsalted butter (for cooking)
- Puree the cottage cheese and banana until smooth. Add the flour, infant cereal, peanut butter, eggs, baking powder and puree just until it looks smooth.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium high heat and add the butter. I prefer using
- unsalted butter for cooking. Spoon out 2 tbsp of pancakes and cook on both sides until golden brown. Allow the pancakes to cool before freezing or transferring extras to the fridge.
And voila! The preparation of the pancakes is as easy as that! What fruits and which cereals will you choose to make your pancakes with? KendaParents, what are some of your healthy go-to recipes using Kendamil Cereals? Please do share them with us! Let us know in the comments below and stand a chance to win a cereal of your choice!